Sunday, October 4, 2009

Giving Thanks

I know, I know, "Another post with no pictures...what's going on?!"

Well, it's a week before Thanksgiving here in Canada, but so far, the month has been very kind to the Adventure Apes, and I thought I should write down a few words of thanks. The first big break was the interview at Vancouver Animation. One question in the interview asked what I found most difficult, and I said that by far the business side was the hardest to break in to. Starting out as no one, it's tough to gain any recognition or attention from your peers and contemporaries. I believe the exposure from that interview will help pave the way for the Apes. For that, I am thankful!

Then today I received further good news! Completely out of the blue, the game was featured on two sites:

PixelProspector - This is a review site that goes through and picks out all kinds of interesting games on a regular basis. Imagine my surprise to get an email saying that the Adventure Apes game is featured and reviewed!

GameJolt - I had uploaded the game to this site recently to see what kind of feedback I'd get, but never expected that the folks running the show would feature the game on the front page of their site!

These two sites combined have already helped thrust this game into the spotlight more than I could have ever accomplished on my own, and for that, I am thankful!

So, no images in this post, but there is a veritable cornucopia of good news. I wonder if the full moon this weekend had anything to do with these good fortunes? No matter what the cause though, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment