Sunday, December 25, 2011

Blurry Pixmas! (Or, Merry Christmas!)

Seeing as how it's Christmas morning, I thought I'd play the role of Santa and sneak a little gift under the tree for everyone...a blurred-out overview of the entire Adventure Apes game!
Now, you're probably scratching your head and asking yourself, "Why the heck can't he give us a nice clear, crisp HD version of the map?!", and I'll tell you why. It goes a little something like this...

Way back when I was a little kid, home computers didn't exist, and the internet wasn't even a word anyone would recognize. My brother and I would go to video stores and rent cartidges for our NES, and what we rented was largely based on two things; playing the games at a friend's house, or seeing the game in Nintendo Power. Nintendo Power was great, because you'd get reviews of current games, as well as the occasional preview of unreleased games. To me, that was the most exciting part, because there would be a couple blurbs about what the game was going to be about, and if you were really lucky, there would be some pictures taken of the game itself! Those pictures would often be TINY and BLURRY, but it didn't matter, because my imagination would fill in the rest...and to this day, I think it was because those pictures were so blurry and cryptic that anticipation for the next game would be so high.
So, in the spirit of Christmas, and the spirit of the blurry photograph, I present to you the full-blown world map for the Adventure Apes. Ho ho ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment