Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Screenshots!

It's taken a little while, but there has been quite a bit of stuff done on the game. Weapons have been added (wavebeam, ice cannon, missiles and bombs), upgrades to each weapon too! Since it is a super-casual game, I wanted each experience to be new, so all background elements are randomly generated, as well as the spawning locations for the enemies and asteroids.

The next thing I'm going to tackle is the variety of enemies. There are currently only two coded, but am thinking of adding several more (and redoing the current ones) to give more variety. The plan is to have different species and variants of species spwan based on the difficulty level you choose.


Here are a couple screenshots to tide you over while I work away on the game...first one is a WIP, nearly done though. The second image shows a new HUD and a plethora of asteroids begging to be blasted!






2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on it! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's taking me a lot longer than I had hoped to do. I keep wanting to try out different things with weapons/enemies when really, I should keep it short and simple.

    ReplyDelete